Job Opportunity in our Finance Department
Founded in 1979, Tibard is an independent family business in Dukinfield, Tameside. We are a manufacturer, supplier and launderer of uniforms for some of Britain's most recognisable names including Pizza Express, the NHS and Whitbread. Our chef uniforms, are some of the world's best in both quality and value, with many of our garments made right here in the UK at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
Our uniforms can be found in venues from garden centres to Michelin starred restaurants. Key to our success is our team of fastidious ledger clerks and account professionals. This department is responsible for ensuring all of our purchase and sales ledger accounts are managed accordingly to maximise our efficiency. We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to ensure all of these procedures are optimised.
We have a community approach in everything we do and we are looking for a talented and professional individual to join our amazing team and help us take the next steps in our story.
Knowledge and Experience :
- Sage 200 - essential
- Microsoft Office - essential
- Office Finance Department procedures - essential
- Good IT Skills - beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills, teamwork critical to our department and key to our business culture.
- Ability to work primarily under own initiative with a proactive approach to tasks and challenges.
- Good organisational and time management skills; a key skill particularly at month-end.
- Good communication skills.
- Presentable manner and a good timekeeper.
What we need from candidates:
- Be able to demonstrate diplomacy, firmness and politeness at all times.
- To be disciplined and persistent in approach to suppliers and fellow colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills at any and all levels.
- Utilise time management skills to organise role and ensure the daily management of invoice processing, reconciling to Purchase Orders through Sage 200; posting of nominal direct invoices; reconciling to statements; dealing with all queries and reconciliation to monthly statements. Maintain and manage POP order and POP returns process to ensure kept fully up to date; dealing with all issues to close off orders on a timely basis. Manage invoice referrals for approval where variance occurs to POP. Ensure complete invoice process on a monthly basis to support Management Information reporting.
- Provide support cover during holiday periods and busy times for sales ledger and credit controller – knowledge of these aspects would be welcome but training can be given
- Day to day dealing with queries relevant to suppliers including overseas transactions in various currencies
- Any matters applicable to the running of a busy finance department that may arise from time to time and need addressing in order to maintain the department efficiency
Please send a covering letter, along with your CV to email@example.com